Fee Waiver and Scholarship at Roskilde University for International Students
Roskilde University (RUC) is a public university in Denmark. The RUC has been one of the premium universities in the country since its founding in 1972. According to the Times Higher Education Young Universities Rankings, It has attained rank 188. The university currently offers courses to nearly 7,000 students in undergraduate and postgraduate classes. International students from different countries are among them. The university offers lucrative scholarships to talented foreign students, which enables them to get a quality education without worrying about expenses.
Scholarship Brief Description
Danish state tuition fee waiver and scholarships are available for talented students from countries outside the EU/EEA. These are fully funded scholarships for international students who wish to enroll in particular courses of postgraduate programs at Roskilde University. After fulfilling all the requirements, the eligible candidates can start their studies free of cost during the duration of their program. These competitive awards are available once a year for the program having a starting date in September.
Level of Study
The tuition fee waiver and scholarship opportunities are available for selected master’s level programs at Roskilde University, Denmark.
Field of Study
Following are the programs where a tuition fee waiver and scholarship opportunities are available for eligible students.
• Master in International Politics and Governance
• Master in Environmental Sciences
• Master in Global and Development Sciences
• Master in Nordic Urban Planning Studies
• Master in Computer Science
• Master in Media and Communication
Successful candidates will get the following benefits after securing these international student scholarships at Roskilde University:
• Selected students are not required to pay tuition fees during their master’s program.
• They will receive a scholarship amount of DKK 7,800 per month to fulfill their living expenses in the country.
The tuition fee waiver and scholarship program is for students belonging to countries outside the EU/EEA. Students exempted from paying tuition fees at Roskilde University (those having permanent or temporary residence permits in Denmark) are also not eligible for these awards.
• A bachelor’s degree equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Denmark
• A degree relevant to the master’s program available for the scholarship
• Satisfactory score in a standard English language proficiency test (IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge, etc.)
• Students taking admission to a new master’s program after completing a similar degree in the past are also eligible
How to Apply
• Students must apply before the deadline.
• The application process is online.
• Interested candidates can apply for up to three programs at Roskilde University according to their priority. They must submit a separate application for multiple programs.
• Uploading all necessary documents in the application system is also mandatory. These include an academic degree, English language qualification proof, and a copy of the ID page of their passport.
Number of Awards
There are limited numbers of these merit-based scholarships for international students. Therefore, fulfilling the minimum criteria does not guarantee to achieve this award. Students with the best performance among applicants can receive this tuition fee waiver and scholarship at Roskilde University.
Last Date of Submission
The deadline for submission of scholarship application forms for non-EU/EEA citizens is January 15, 2024. Their studies will start in September 2024. The digital application system (DANS) for submission of applications opens one month before the deadline.